Currently, Argentina is the premier destination for masters and postgraduate students worldwide. The city of Buenos Aires was chosen as the second in South America for graduate studies and as the first taking into account the economic convenience.
Students masters/postgraduate degrees in Architecture and Urbanism, try to get scholarships to study in Argentina. But even without obtaining them, they opt to choose this destination for their graduate studies.
Next we will explain the reasons for choosing Buenos Aires as a destination for postgraduate studies.
Why choosing Argentina to study a master’s degree or postgraduate?
More than 50,000 postgraduate students in Argentina made a career each year. According to these people the main reason to choose Buenos Aires is the economic convenience.
Rent a place to stay in Buenos Aires and cover the cost of daily expenses is much lower than in the country from where the student.
Another reason is that public universities in Argentina do not have tuition as in many other countries.
Graduate students who are going to Argentina to make their postgraduate/master studies choose the country due to the world recognition of several of their teachers and professionals of architecture from different disciplines that feature the Argentine universities.
List of major Masters and Postgraduate Degrees in Architecture and Urban Planning – (Buenos Aires – Argentina 2014)
University of Belgrano.
- Master in real estate projects development
Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- MA in history and culture of architecture and the city
- Master’s degree in urban economics
- Graduate Programs in Architecture
University of Buenos Aires.
- Specialization in real estate appraisal and evaluation of projects
- Master in Advanced Architectural Design (MDAA)
- Master and expertise in urban and regional planning (Propur)
- Master in habitat and urban poverty in Latin America
- Specialization in project research. Orientation housing
- Specialization in planning the physical resources in health
- Specialization in urban project
- Specialization in management and project works
- Master planning and management of urban engineering
- Specialization in preservation, conservation and recycling of heritage buildings
National University of La Plata.
- Specialization in architecture and sustainable habitat
- Master of conservation and restoration of heritage
- Master of Urban and architectural project
University of Morón.
- Master in Urbanism
National University of General Sarmiento.
- Ph.D. in urban studies
- Master of Urban Studies